Sign of psychic scams
By Jackie Tomlin
The psychic industry, unfortunately, appears to be full of scam artists these days. The stories I hear from my
clients are disheartening to say the least. If you have been scammed, please feel free to share your story. Some
of my clients are out of thousands of dollars in which they will never recover. Here are a few helpful tips to let
you know if you are being scammed.
1. They are trying to instill fear in you.
2. They want you to purchase items such as candles, crystals, etc. or something in your life will not come to pass.
3. They are requesting to be paid via Western Union (there is no recourse in getting your money back)
4. They are trying to sell you lottery numbers. (If we knew the lottery numbers we would play them ourselves!)
5. They have referenced Curse or Hex removal.
6. They want to charge for aura cleansing or negativity removal.
7. DO NOT send cash to a psychic either in the US or another country! (I have heard of many scams
associated with this practice.)
8. Beware of letters that appear to be personally addressed to you. (I have seen them from some well-known
psychics; they are in fact a form letter in which everyone receives.)
9. DO NOT pay for spell work. (If it is a spell you seek, do it yourself, you have no guarantees that someone
did this for you. And KNOW what you are doing! Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it!)
Remember that you as the client have a right to end a reading at anytime. If at anytime you feel uncomfortable,
then it is time for your reading to end. Readings are meant to be informative and a pleasurable experience. A
psychic reading should be pleasurable and insightful. It should be personalized to you and your questions. Not a
generalized reading that could apply to anyone.
If you have been scammed, don't let this deter you from psychics all together. There are some truly great
psychics out there! Just beware of the common scams!
© 2009-2019 Jackie Tomlin.. Examiner.com. August 2009.